Recently updated on September 8th, 2023 at 02:26 pm
When I first decided to take my blogging business online, I knew that having a captivating website was crucial to showcase my work and attract potential clients.
As a blogger, I wanted a platform that allowed me to unleash my creativity without getting bogged down by technical complexities. That’s when I stumbled upon Showit, a drag-and-drop website builder specifically designed for bloggers, photographers, and creative professionals.
In today’s digital age, website builder platforms have become the go-to solution for building websites without the need for coding expertise. They offer a user-friendly platform that allows creators to express their thoughts, make stunning portfolios and manage their projects independently.
Showit promises all of that and more. In this comprehensive review, I’ll share my personal experience with Showit and explore its features, customization options, and overall usability.
What is Showit?
Showit is an exceptional website builder known for its emphasis on creativity and design flexibility. Founded in 2008, it offers a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface that allows users to create visually stunning websites without coding knowledge.
Showit’s standout feature lies in its fully customizable design options, making it an ideal platform for bloggers, photographers, and creative professionals.
Additionally, Showit seamlessly integrates with WordPress for powerful blogging capabilities, enabling users to combine design freedom with robust content management.
With subscription-based pricing starting from $19/month, Showit provides an excellent solution for individuals and businesses seeking to showcase their work in a visually captivating manner.
Showit offers three basic pricing plans, and two advanced plans to suit different needs and budgets.
While all plans come with a drag-and-drop website builder, HTTPS certificate, and web hosting with at least 20 GB of media storage, there are some differences to consider.
Here is the comparison of all pricing plans:
- SHOWIT: $19 a month (No blogging functions, 20 GB space, 1 user)
- SHOWIT & BASIC STARTER BLOG: $24 a month (up to 10k visitors/mo, 20 GB space, 1 user)
- SHOWIT & ADVANCED BLOG: $34 a month (up to 25k visitors/mo, 20 GB space, unlimited users)
- SHOWIT & ADVANCED BLOG 50K: $64 a month (up to 50k visitors/mo, 30 GB space, unlimited users)
- SHOWIT & ADVANCED BLOG 100K: $124 a month (up to 100k visitors/mo, 50 GB space, unlimited users)
As you can see the cheapest plan offers no blogging functions, so if you are interested in building a website blog with Showit, you should at least start with a “SHOWIT & BASIC STARTER BLOG” plan.
While the cost of Showitz plans may seem a bit high for some, the benefits and creative freedom Showit provides justify the investment.
Before you commit to any subscription plan, you have a chance to try Showit at no cost with its 14-day trial.
What I Like Most About Showit (Top Features):
From the moment I signed up for Showit’s free trial, I was impressed by its user-friendly dashboard and intuitive drag-and-drop editor.
The dashboard allowed me to get started quickly and efficiently. As someone who didn’t want to spend hours learning complex coding, this was a breath of fresh air. The drag-and-drop editor was a game-changer, giving me full control over the layout and design of my website.
One of the standout features for me was Showit’s built-in hosting and assets management. I no longer had to worry about dealing with third-party hosting providers or keeping track of my media files. Showit handled everything seamlessly, ensuring that my website performed optimally.
As a blogger, the integration with WordPress was a major plus. Showit allowed me to design and customize my blog pages within the platform, and the process was smooth and hassle-free. The powerful SEO plugins available in WordPress gave my blog posts better search visibility, helping me reach a wider audience.
Another feature that stood out to me was the collection of customizable templates. Showit offers a wide array of stunning templates that serve as an excellent starting point for building a unique website.
I could choose a template that resonated with my style and brand, and then customize it to make it my own. The flexibility and freedom to personalize each element of the template were a big win for me.
And in case the collection of official Showit templates is not enough, it is possible to purchase additional templates from external sources.
For a creative professional like me, having the ability to customize every aspect of my website is a top priority. Showit exceeded my expectations in this department.
Whether it was customizing text, icons, videos, or images, the Showit website builder provided a wide range of options to bring my vision to life.
The text customization options allowed me to experiment with different fonts, sizes, colors, and alignments until I found the perfect combination that aligned with my brand identity. I appreciated the access to pre-installed Google Fonts and the ability to upload my own custom fonts, giving my website a distinct and personalized touch.
Showit’s image customization features were equally impressive. I could easily resize, crop, and position images exactly where I wanted them. The platform’s automatic image optimization ensured that my website remained visually appealing without compromising loading times.
When it came to videos, I was delighted to find that Showit not only allowed me to add videos to my website but also provided video editing options. Being able to edit video settings directly within the platform saved me time and effort.
One feature that truly stood out was the option to add custom icons. Showit offered a variety of free icons, and I could also upload vector-based icons to further enhance my website’s visual appeal.
Pros and Cons:
While the Showit platform is a fantastic site builder, it isn’t perfect and it certainly comes with disadvantages. In this section, I will cover what I found particularly good and not so good about this platform:
- User-Friendly Editor: Showit’s drag-and-drop editor is incredibly intuitive and easy to use, making website creation a breeze even for beginners.
- Visual Creativity: The platform’s focus on visual creativity allows users to create unique, custom websites that reflect their artistic vision.
- Versatility: Showit is not limited to any specific industry; it caters to photographers, bloggers, event planners, small business owners, and more, offering a wide range of applications.
- Built-in Hosting and Assets Management: Showit handles hosting and media file management, saving users the hassle of dealing with third-party hosting providers.
- WordPress Integration: As you know, Showit integrates with WordPress, and that enables bloggers to create and manage their WordPress blog pages within the platform, with added benefits of powerful SEO plugins.
- Customization Options: Showit offers extensive customization for text, icons, videos, and images, empowering users to personalize every aspect of their website.
- Responsive Templates: The platform’s responsive templates ensure that websites look great and function smoothly on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Wide Range of Templates: Showit provides a collection of customizable templates, giving users a head start in designing their websites.
- Customer Support: The team behind Showit is responsive and dedicated, providing excellent quality of service and support to its users.
- Cost: While it personally didn’t bother me, some users may find Showit’s pricing on the higher side compared to other website builders, like Squarespace or Wix.
- Browser Issues: Occasional browser issues, such as elements overlapping when accessing websites through social media links, may require adjustments to spacing.
- Limited Blogging Features in Lower Tiers: The basic plan lacks blogging features, making it less suitable for those who prioritize blogging on their website.
- Learning Curve for Advanced Features: While the drag-and-drop editor is easy to use, mastering more advanced features may require some learning for inexperienced users.
- Dependency on WordPress for Blogging: Showit relies on WordPress for blogging functionality, which may require users to manage a separate WordPress account.
- Limited E-commerce Features: For businesses primarily focused on e-commerce, Showit’s features may be somewhat limited compared to dedicated e-commerce platforms.
- No Free Plan: Unlike some other website builders, Showit doesn’t offer a free plan, so users need to commit to a paid subscription to use the platform.
Showit vs Wix:
Let’s discuss the main differences between Showit and its large competitor Wix.
Showit is best suited for bloggers and photographers, prioritizing creativity and design flexibility. It offers pricing starting from $19/month with hosting space ranging from 20GB to 50GB and traffic limits based on the plan. Showit requires purchasing domains from external sources and offers the cheapest plan with 1 user seat.
On the other hand, Wix is ideal for e-commerce and service-oriented websites, focusing strongly on performance. It offers pricing starting from $16/month with hosting space ranging from 2GB to unlimited and unlimited visitors for all plans. Wix includes a free domain for the first year and provides 2 user seats with its cheapest plan.
Check out the detailed comparison between Showit and Wix
Showit vs Squarespace
Here’s a quick comparison between Showit and its other competitor Squarespace.
Showit is best suited for photographers and bloggers, offering full design flexibility with a customizable interface. It integrates with Shopify and WooCommerce for e-commerce and provides basic SEO capabilities. The pricing starts at $19/month, and it supports blog migration.
On the other hand, Squarespace is more suitable for small businesses, portfolios, and e-commerce ventures. While it offers beautifully designed templates, the customization options are more limited.
Squarespace has a built-in comprehensive e-commerce engine, advanced e-commerce analytics, and built-in SEO tools. The pricing starts at $16/month, and it provides extensive social media integration but lacks blog migration support.
Check out the detailed comparison between Showit and Squarespace
Showit vs WordPress
Finally, here’s how Showit is different from WordPress.
Showit is a drag-and-drop visual builder that offers customization for design elements and layouts. While it requires third-party integration for e-commerce, it seamlessly integrates with WordPress for blogging.
Showit provides separate control for mobile and desktop designs, with subscription-based pricing starting at $19/month and support through a Help Center, live chat, articles, tutorial videos, and a Facebook group.
In contrast, WordPress offers a visual builder along with extensive customization options through themes, plugins, and coding knowledge. It has built-in e-commerce capabilities with plugins like WooCommerce and a powerful blogging platform with advanced features.
WordPress is mobile-responsive with additional plugins or themes, and it is free, but users may incur costs for hosting, domain, and premium plugins. Support is available from the community, hosting providers, and online tutorials.
Check out the detailed comparison between Showit and WordPress
In conclusion, Showit lived up to its promise of providing a user-friendly and visually stunning website builder. As a blogging entrepreneur, I appreciated the platform’s drag-and-drop editor, customization options, and seamless WordPress integration.
Despite its cost and occasional browser issues, the benefits of using Showit far outweigh the drawbacks. Showit is a powerful tool for creative professionals and businesses looking to create impactful websites without getting entangled in technical complexities. Its versatility and creative freedom make it an excellent choice for anyone seeking to establish a strong online presence.
If you’re looking for a website builder that truly empowers your creativity and allows you to design a website that is uniquely yours, I highly recommend giving Showit a try. With its user-friendly interface and wide range of features, Showit makes building stunning websites an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, Showit is a good website platform for businesses and individuals who want to create a visually stunning and user-friendly website without having to learn any code. It offers a drag-and-drop editor, pre-designed templates, and a wide range of customization options.
Showit and WordPress are both popular website platforms, but they have different strengths and weaknesses. Showit is better for businesses and individuals who want to create a visually stunning website with little to no coding knowledge. WordPress is better for those who need more flexibility and control over their websites, such as the ability to add custom plugins and code.
Here are some reasons why you should use Showit:
- It is a drag-and-drop website builder, so you can create a website without having to learn any code.
- It offers a wide range of pre-designed templates that you can customize to your liking.
- It has a built-in SEO tool that can help you improve your website's ranking in search engines.
- It offers 24/7 customer support.
Showit and Squarespace are both good for SEO, but Showit has a few advantages. Showit's built-in SEO tool makes it easy to optimize your website for search engines, and it also offers more control over your website's code. However, Squarespace has a larger community of users and developers, which means there are more resources available to help you with SEO.
Paul Lian is a researcher, writer, and founder of WayToChanges.com. With over eight years of experience in blogging, digital marketing, copywriting, and digital products, he has built multiple six-figure income streams. Through his blog, Paul shares his best expertise, strategies, and tools to help readers achieve financial freedom and success in their own digital ventures.