Writing an essay requires knowledge and understanding of the subject, so if you have procrastinated and now only have an hour to submit the task, it can feel overwhelming.
However, there are two ways to handle this situation. You can either sit and wait for a miracle to happen, or you can take action and get the job done!
If you feel confident in tackling the task on your own, you can use the helpful tips provided in this article to write your essay within an hour.
However, If you believe that you lack the necessary writing skills to complete the essay in a short time, you should consider hiring a professional essay writing service to help you write a breathtaking essay in a short amount of time. [More of that at the end of the article]
The choice is yours!
If you have chosen to tackle the task on your own, then follow this guide, and with these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to write a high-quality essay in no time.
So, grab a pen and paper, set a timer for one hour, and let’s get started!
Step 1: Eliminating Distractions
First things first, it’s time for us to focus and get to work, so eliminating distractions and setting up the right atmosphere is crucial.
Distractions can come in many forms, such as social media, phone notifications, or even just the general noise in our surroundings. So, by eliminating these distractions, we can better focus on the task at hand and increase our productivity.
- The first step in eliminating distractions is to turn off the TV and close any tabs with videos or other distractions on our computer.
- Another step is to avoid chatting or taking calls during this time. Not only will this help us stay focused on the essay, but it will also help us avoid interruptions that can break our train of thought and slow us down.
- A final step, if possible, is to leave the phone on mute to avoid any notifications or calls that may distract us.
In addition to eliminating distractions, it’s also important to create the right atmosphere for writing. For some people, background noise can be a distraction, while for others, it can help them focus.
So, if we find that music helps us focus, we can keep it at a low volume and even choose instrumental or nature sounds instead of songs with lyrics. This will help us stay focused on the essay and avoid getting sidetracked by lyrics or vocals.
Step 2: Understanding the Topic
Before we start writing, it’s crucial that we fully understand the question or problem being addressed in the essay.
Many essays fail due to a lack of understanding of the topic, so this is why it’s essential to take the time to ensure we have a good grasp of the subject and think through the overall direction of our work.
One way to ensure that we understand the topic is to consider all the aspects and elements we want to cover, as this will help us identify the key points that need to be addressed in the essay, and ensure that we stay on track throughout the writing process.
Another important step is to brainstorm ideas, as this will help us come up with new and interesting perspectives on the topic, and will also help us generate ideas for examples and evidence to support the arguments.
It’s also necessary to research the topic from multiple sources, as this will give us a comprehensive understanding of the subject and will help us gain insight into different perspectives and arguments.
By reading research papers and articles from multiple sources, we’ll be able to get a better understanding of the latest developments and trends in the field.
Step 3: Creating an Outline
Creating an outline is an essential step in the essay writing process, as it allows us to organize our thoughts and key points, making it easier to write a clear and cohesive essay.
An outline is not only useful to organize our thoughts but it also helps us to stay focused on the subject and make sure we haven’t missed any important information. So, it’s a great way to ensure that we give structure to the essay, making it easier to write and present the ideas in a clear and concise manner.
Here are the steps to create an effective outline:
Take note of the important points and information from the sources:
We must take note of any new perspectives or arguments that are presented in the articles, as these may be useful to include in the essay. This could include key facts, statistics, quotes, and any other relevant information that we come across.
Organize the points in bullet form:
Once we’ve collected all the relevant information, we organize them in bullet form, as this will help us see the overall structure of the essay and identify any missing information or gaps in the argument.
Create a rough draft of the essay with an introduction, body, and conclusion:
Using the information we’ve collected and organized, we can then create a rough draft of the essay.
- The introduction: This should provide background information on the topic and a thesis statement that presents the main argument. It should include an attention-grabbing quote, statistics, or question, as well as a thesis statement and transition to the body of the essay.
- The body: These should include several paragraphs that support the thesis statement, as well as examples, explanations, and thoughts on the topic.
- The conclusion: This should summarize the main points of the essay, and it should also include a restatement of the thesis and the closure of the essay.
Take a quick review to ensure all the important points are covered:
This step is crucial to ensure that we haven’t missed any important information or arguments, as well as to check that the essay is well-organized and flows logically.
Make changes to ensure that the outline is clear and cohesive:
Finally, we make any necessary adjustments to ensure that the outline is clear and cohesive. This could include reorganizing paragraphs, adding or removing information, or rephrasing sentences.
Step 4: Writing the First Draft
Now that we’ve created a rough idea of what the essay is going to be about and how we want to present our ideas, it’s time for us to actually start the bulk of the work!
When beginning to write, it’s important to stick to the outline and not get bogged down at one point for too long, and to mention all the points that we had planned to include in the essay.
However, it’s also critical to not overdevelop each point and become too detailed, as this can lead to not finishing the essay on time. To avoid this, it’s best to not get caught up in trying to find the perfect words and instead focus on completing a rough draft as quickly as possible.
Overall, when writing the paragraphs, we need to keep these simple and effective rules in mind:
- Start with a topic sentence that defines the paragraph
- Explain this sentence in more detail
- Provide one or several examples
- Explain the examples
- Make a transition to the next paragraph
We must ensure that all claims made in the essay are supported with facts and evidence, so if we’re using information from another source, we need to properly paraphrase the information rather than just changing a few words.
Proper paraphrasing involves thoroughly rewording the information and giving credit to the original source.
In short, here’s a quick list of what we need to keep in mind when writing the first draft:
- Don’t procrastinate: NOW is the time for us to sit and write our thoughts.
- Use clear and easy language: Avoid using complex language or jargon.
- Address the key points: We need to make up our minds and address the main points of the essay.
- Write with a free mind: Don’t let stress and anxiety get in the way of the writing process.
- Keep a check on the word count: Make sure the essay stays within the required word count.
- Don’t write anything irrelevant: Stay focused on the topic and avoid adding irrelevant information.
- Write all the paragraphs: Make sure to include all the necessary paragraphs in the essay.
- Fill out the headings we’ve penned down above: Use the outline we created as a guide for the essay.
- Give several examples: Use examples to support the statements and arguments.
- Address those examples in more detail: Explain and elaborate on the examples we’ve provided.
- Don’t overcomplicate things: Keep the writing simple and easy to understand.
- Bonus: Write the intro and conclusion first: If we’re running out of time, write the introduction and conclusion first, then proceed with the rest of the paragraphs.
Step 5: Ironing Out the Details
After successfully completing the first draft, it’s time to set aside some time for editing and proofreading and start focusing on the details. After all, failing to adequately focus on this step or skipping it altogether can lead to a very poorly written essay.
However, while it’s important to pay attention to the details, it’s also important to not get stuck on one sentence for too long as time is limited. Unfortunately, there may not be enough time for thorough research to check for inaccuracies, but we can still check for inconsistencies.
Take a few minutes to reread the essay and make any necessary adjustments, such as adding or deleting sentences or phrases. We need to also make sure to check for grammar and punctuation errors and ensure that the essay is logical and easy to understand.
One way to do this is by reading the essay aloud, as this can help us identify inconsistencies that we may not have noticed otherwise. Overall, while the time may be limited, it’s still crucial to take the time to review and improve the essay as much as we can.
Step 6: Making Use of Essay Writing Services for Last-Minute Writing!
Overall, when it comes to writing essays, it’s important to be prepared and start early.
However, sometimes unforeseen circumstances arise, and we may find ourselves needing to write an essay at the last minute. In these cases, an essay writing service may be a lifesaver.
Making use of essay writing services for last-minute writing is a step that can save us a ton of stress and time, as these are designed to provide quick and efficient help to those who are in a tight spot.
When looking for a last-minute essay writing service, it’s important we consider the following:
- Turnaround time: Make sure the service we choose can deliver the essay within the time frame we need.
- Quality: Look for a service that guarantees high-quality work and has positive customer reviews.
- Safety: Make sure the service guarantees complete confidentiality and privacy.
For your convenience, we have gathered a short list of the best legit essay writing services:
- Grademiners is a reputable and reliable essay writing service with over 3,500 expert writers. They are known for their strict quality control process and offer additional services such as editors, proofreaders, formatting, editing, and plagiarism reports.
- An affordable essay writing service that is known for its ability to handle tight deadlines, delivering well-written, well-researched, and well-structured essays is Speedy Paper. They offer proofreading and editing services and can handle academic levels such as high school, undergraduate, master, and Ph.D.
- Finally, EssayPro is a well-known and trusted essay-writing service provider that is used by millions of students worldwide. They take pride in their core values of punctuality, quality, transparency, and safety with their team of over 1600 professional writers which allows them to offer lightning-fast turnaround times and handle any assignment.
Click here to find more cheap and reliable essay-writing services
Overall, using an essay writing service for last-minute writing can be a great way to ensure that we meet deadlines and get the grades we want. But It’s important to research and find a reputable service that can provide the help we need.
With the right service, we can rest easy knowing that our essay is in good hands and that we’ll be able to submit it on time!
Wrapping It Up!
Writing an essay within an hour can be a daunting task, especially when it’s a two-page essay. But with determination, a strategic approach, and some helpful tips, we’ll complete the task within the given deadline.
And remember, the key to writing an essay quickly is to not procrastinate and to approach the task with a clear mind!