Recently updated on September 8th, 2023 at 09:31 am
Have you heard of Notion? If you’re someone who loves productivity tools, you’ve probably encountered this versatile platform.
Notion has taken the digital world by storm, offering a unique blend of note-taking, project management, and much more. But did you know there’s a growing trend of people making money by selling Notion templates?
You might be thinking you need to be a Notion whiz to get into this game but guess what? You don’t have to create these templates yourself to sell them.
Thanks to something called PLR, or Private Label Rights, you can legally sell templates that someone else originally designed. Intrigued?
In this article, we will guide you through the process of how you can generate passive income by selling Notion templates without creating them from scratch.
What Are Notion Templates?
So, you’re interested in Notion templates but you’re not entirely sure what they are? No worries, let’s break it down.
Notion templates are essentially pre-built frameworks that you can import into your own Notion workspace. Think of them like the skeleton of a project or a system. These templates cover a wide range of uses, from to-do lists to comprehensive project management boards, content calendars, or even personal finance trackers.
The best part? You don’t have to start from scratch. These templates give you a jump-start on organizing your tasks or managing your projects. All you need to do is populate them with your specific information.
So, instead of spending hours setting up your workspace, you get a ready-to-use structure that saves you time. It’s like having a pre-made cake mix; you just add in the eggs and oil, and you’re good to go.
What Are PLR Notion Templates?
Alright, now that you know what Notion templates are, let’s dive into something even more intriguing: PLR Notion Templates.
PLR stands for Private Label Rights. In simple terms, these are Notion templates that you can buy, modify, and then sell as your own. It’s a quick and legal way to offer valuable content without spending a ton of time creating it yourself.
Imagine this: you find a PLR Notion template for a fitness tracking system. You purchase it, make a few tweaks to better fit your audience’s needs—maybe you add some new workout routines or a meal plan—and then you’re free to sell it or even give it away to build your email list.
The great part is, you don’t have to mention the original creator. Once you buy it, it’s yours to customize and sell as you see fit.
This concept opens up a lot of opportunities for you, especially if you’re looking to monetize Notion templates but don’t have the time or expertise to create them from scratch.
Benefits of PLR Notion Templates
Wondering why you should opt for PLR Notion templates? Let’s break down some of the key advantages:
- Time-Saving: You get a ready-to-use product right off the bat, allowing you to start selling immediately without the hassle of building a template from scratch.
- Cost-Effective: For a one-time fee, you secure a product that has the potential to generate multiple streams of income, making it a smart investment.
- Customizability: You have the freedom to modify the templates to better fit your brand or to meet specific needs of your target audience. This means you can add real value that distinguishes you from competitors.
These benefits make PLR Notion templates a practical choice for anyone looking to sell Notion templates without creating them.
Best Sites to Download PLR Notion Templates:
Now that you’re sold on the benefits of PLR Notion templates, you might be wondering where to find them. Good news!
There are several reliable websites where you can download high-quality PLR Notion templates:
- Purpose PLR: Known for its fantastically designed Notion templates, this site stands as the best destination that offers a range from life planners to business planners. For $34.99 per template or $100 for a bundle, you’ll get full Private Label Rights. They even offer a one-time payment of $297 for access to all their products.
- Digital PLR Store: This store offers a variety of 11 individual Notion templates and 2 bundles, each priced between $19.99 to $24.99. They specialize in dashboards for various life areas, from finance to freelancing.
- PLR Simple Store: Offering dark, minimalistic designs, this site has 2 bundles and 7 individual Notion templates. Priced at $18.95 per template and $46.95 per bundle, they give you the flexibility to rebrand and resell as you wish.
- Passive PLR: A diverse source for all kinds of templates, this site provides 3 Notion templates priced at $13 each or $29 for the bundle. These templates cover meal planning, weekly planning, and habit tracking.
- PLR Base Camp: This store offers 13 modern and functional templates covering areas like finance, business, and marketing. The pricing varies from $9 to $49 depending on the complexity of the template.
- IDPLR.org: If you’re looking for affordability, this site features 8 mini-Notion templates that are priced between $1 to $1.70. These are great for specific tasks like habit tracking and financial planning.
- PLR Sales Club: With 5 Notion templates and 1 bundle, this club covers various niches. Individual templates are priced at $18.90 and the bundle at $57, providing you with an extensive PLR license.
- Digital Vault Store: This store offers 3 basic student dashboard templates and a “SecondBrain” Notion template priced between $14.99 to $39.99. These are more focused on educational and professional development.
7 Steps To Sell Notion Templates:
Once you have some Notion templates in your library, it’s time to dive into the process of selling them. Here are the 8 steps to create a passive income stream from these products:
1. Research the Market
Before you jump into selling, it’s crucial to know what you’re up against. Doing some market research will help you identify opportunities and potential challenges.
The most popular place to buy and sell Notion templates is Etsy, so it would be wise to do market research there.
First, check out what kinds of Notion templates are already out there. What are people raving about, and what seems to be missing? This can give you ideas for customizing your PLR templates in a way that fills a gap in the market.
Next, take a look at pricing. How much are similar templates selling for? This will give you a ballpark figure for setting your own prices. Don’t just look at the highest and lowest; consider the average price for a more balanced view.
Finally, check out customer reviews. Pay attention to what people love and what they think could be improved. This information is like gold; use it to make your templates better and more appealing to buyers.
By doing your homework, you’re setting yourself up for success in a competitive marketplace.
2. Customize PLR Notion Templates
You’ve found a reputable site and picked up some high-quality PLR Notion templates. You have also identified the patterns of successful Notion templates.
What’s the next step? Customization.
To truly make these templates your own, you’ll want to add a unique touch that sets your product apart from others. After all, several people might purchase the same PLR template, so giving it your personalized spin can make all the difference. Here’s how to do it:
- Understand the Template: Spend some time familiarizing yourself with the template you’ve bought. This will help you identify what changes to make and what to keep.
- Modify Content: The first level of customization usually involves changing text, headings, or adding your branding elements like logos or color schemes. Most of the time PLR licenses even allow you to change the template’s name.
- Rearrange Layout: Feel free to move sections around or even add new ones that will provide additional value to the end user.
- Add Features: You can make your template stand out by adding new features or functions. Maybe integrate a unique calendar system or a specialized tracking mechanism that wasn’t in the original PLR template.
- Test Thoroughly: After all your tweaks, make sure to test the template rigorously to ensure that all elements work as they should. Broken links or malfunctioning features can turn off potential buyers quickly.
Remember, the goal here isn’t just to make the template different but to make it better. You’re aiming to create a product that not only catches the eye but also delivers functionality and ease of use.
With a little creativity and attention to detail, you can transform a basic PLR Notion template into a best-selling masterpiece.
3. Set Up Your Online Store
Starting an online store is like opening a digital storefront for your Notion templates. Thankfully, there are several platforms out there to make the process as smooth as possible. Each option has its pros and cons, so it’s crucial to pick the one that aligns best with your needs.
Platforms like Etsy, and Creative Market, are incredibly user-friendly and come with a built-in audience. The interface is straightforward, and you can quickly list your digital products for sale.
However, these benefits come at a cost. The marketplaces charge listing fees and take a percentage from each sale you make, and you simply don’t have 100% control of your store as it is hosted somewhere else.
Building Your Own Store
If you’re looking for more control and are willing to tackle a bit of technical work, creating your own website might be the right path. With your own site, you decide what products to offer, set your own prices, and keep a larger chunk of the profits.
For that, you have a few options to consider:
WordPress is a budget-friendly solution to set up an online store. To get started, you’ll need to purchase a domain name and hosting. You’ll also need to integrate e-commerce solutions, for which you have several choices:
- WooCommerce: A WordPress plugin that offers extensive features and customization.
- Payhip: Easier to set up but with fewer customization options.
- Gumroad: Ideal for quick setups with basic features.
Using All-in-One Solutions
If you prefer a more hands-off approach, all-in-one platforms like Shopify, Sellfy, or Podia are available.
These platforms manage everything from hosting and domain registration to payment processing and product delivery. While convenient, these services are generally more expensive than setting up a WordPress site.
Ideally, to reach the maximum exposure to your Notion templates, the best way to sell them is on your store as well as on various marketplaces.
4. Price Your Templates Right
Pricing is more than just slapping a random number on your digital product. It’s a nuanced task that involves evaluating market rates, customer willingness to pay, and your unique value proposition.
A balanced pricing strategy can be the difference between no sales and a thriving business. Observe how competitors price similar products and consider offering tiered pricing models to cater to different customer needs.
You can also run promotions and discounts to boost initial sales, but remember: don’t undervalue your product. You’ve invested time in customization and marketing, so your price should reflect that.
7. Continuously Review and Tweak Your Business
The digital landscape is constantly evolving, and so should your business.
Periodically assess your sales figures, customer feedback, and overall market trends. Make the necessary adjustments to your pricing, marketing strategies, and product offerings.
Maybe a new feature in Notion opens up an opportunity for a new template, or maybe customer feedback highlights an area for improvement. Being adaptive and responsive to change can help you stay ahead of the curve.
By paying attention to these aspects, you’re well on your way to creating a thriving business selling Notion templates. Remember, the key to success is not just having a great product but effectively marketing it and providing unbeatable customer service.
With a well-thought-out approach, your Notion template business can not only generate a steady income but also establish you as a go-to resource in the Notion community.
In summary, selling PLR Notion templates presents a lucrative opportunity for generating passive income without the need to start from scratch.
This business model democratizes the market, offering advantages like time efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and customizability. While the process involves several key steps, from market research to effective marketing and customer service, the payoff can be significant.
Whether you’re a seasoned Notion user or a newcomer, PLR templates offer a shortcut to monetization. By following our comprehensive guide, you can navigate this emerging digital landscape and position yourself as a valuable resource in the thriving Notion community.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Here are the most common questions and answers about Notion Templates:
Yes, you absolutely can make money selling Notion templates. In fact, there are many people out there making six figures by selling these templates. The demand for well-designed, functional templates is high, making it a lucrative business opportunity if you know how to market them effectively.
Yes, you can sell Notion templates on Etsy. The platform is a popular marketplace for digital and creative goods, including templates. By setting up an Etsy shop, you can reach a broad audience interested in productivity tools like Notion templates. Just make sure to follow Etsy’s guidelines for digital products.
Absolutely, you can sell Notion templates on Shopify. By creating a Shopify store dedicated to digital products, you can effectively market and sell your Notion templates. Shopify provides various tools to manage your digital inventory and payments, making the selling process smooth and efficient.
Selling a Notion template on Notion is straightforward. First, create a valuable template that solves a specific problem or meets a need. Then, publish it on the Notion marketplace or promote it on your website or social media. Users can purchase and import your template into their Notion workspace, earning you revenue.
Yes, you can make money as a Notion consultant. Businesses and individuals often seek help in setting up, optimizing, and customizing their Notion workspaces. Offering your expertise in Notion organization and workflow design can be a lucrative freelance or consulting opportunity.
Notion templates can indeed sell well due to high demand. With 135,000 monthly searches on Google, it indicates a massive interest in pre-made Notion templates. To succeed, create templates that address common user needs or pain points, market them effectively, and provide excellent customer support to build a strong reputation in the Notion template community.
Paul Lian is a researcher, writer, and founder of WayToChanges.com. With over eight years of experience in blogging, digital marketing, copywriting, and digital products, he has built multiple six-figure income streams. Through his blog, Paul shares his best expertise, strategies, and tools to help readers achieve financial freedom and success in their own digital ventures.